MGB Rebuild Scheme
1) Every vehicle needs to be prepared properly to enjoy a long and satisfying life. We professionally and completely prepare the entire surface, inspecting and correcting the door gaps, the boot and bonnet lines. Even under the bonnet and inside the boot gets our close attention. When we are completely happy with the end result, the final colour coats are applied. Afterwards we spray a tough and resilient coating to the whole under body for long lasting protection and the chassis sections are independently Waxoyled giving the vehicle a total inside and out protective coating that will last for years to come. A new wiring harness is carefully installed.
2) All new brake discs are fitted along with re-conditioned callipers, pads and shoes. New copper brake pipes and flexible pipes are installed and are complemented by a new brake master cylinder and new rear wheel cylinders. The clutch master cylinder is also new, along with the clutch slave cylinder and associated pipework. The reconditioned kingpins are assembled to the cross member with re-conditioned shock absorbers and the new steering rack is complete with track rod ends. All new bushes are used along with new lower suspension pans. New link bars and rear axle straps are fitted and a new fuel tank and sender unit is installed.
3) The engine and gearbox are fully re-conditioned, along with re-conditioned Carburettors and distributor. The rear axle is re-conditioned and new springs and U-bolts are fitted as well as new rubber mounting bushes. A new exhaust system is fitted from the Manifold to the tail pipe with all new flexible rubber mountings. A re-conditioned alternator, fan belt and starter is fitted, new air and oil filters are installed with, of course, fresh oil. New clutch pressure plate, friction plate and release bearing are fitted. The engine and gearbox sits on new flexible mountings and is connected to a new radiator by new rubber hoses. The propshaft is fitted with new Universal joints. A new water pump is fitted together with a new thermostat. New clips and fuel hoses are fitted and a new fuel pump feeds through a new fuel filter. A new battery is fitted together with new battery connectors and a new earth lead to both the battery and the engine itself.
4) The car benefits from new front and rear bumpers, over-riders, bumper fitting kit, new number plate lights, new front grille and new fresh air duct cover. New stainless steel trims are fitted to the sides as well as new sealed beam headlight units, new headlight rims, headlamp assemblies and seals. Wiper blades and arms, fuel filter cap, door locks and gear lever knob are all fitted new and are followed by refurbished wheels and new tyres.
5) The interior is now lavished with care and attention. The carpet sections are carefully applied to floor and tunnel sections, the quarter lights are fitted with new rubber seals and a new windscreen laminated glass is fitted along with new surround and base seal. Two 'P' strips are fitted to the windscreen frame, the doors are assembled and fitted with new panels as are the front and rear sides and back section. A new crash pad is fitted, as well as new furflex inner door linings. The dashboard is assembled and new heater control cables are fitted with a new indicator switch. A new speedometer cable is installed together with a new steering wheel. New fully retractable seat belts are fitted along with armrests, hood tenax fittings and a new hood and frame. The doors are assembled and finished with new door cappings.
6) The whole car is now checked and re-checked and final adjustments are made. The vehicle is then presented to the Ministry of Transport Testing Authority for the final examination before registration and road testing begins.
After all this has been carried out and a multitude of minor adjustments, tests and verification procedures have been undertaken, the owner is presented with the keys, a photographic history of the assembly and a 12 month warranty. A jack and wheel brace are placed in the boot and the hand over and an explanation of living with a beautiful MG now begin.